The Director of Strategic Initiatives is a new position that represents Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s commitment to better nurturing our relationships with donors, alumni, and grateful patients. The new Director will oversee the design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive and integrated leadership/annual giving, donor and alumni relations strategy and program. Prepare yourself for variety, because no day will be the same! You’ll have your hands in all aspects of these programs and will help build a team that is creating change and paving new paths forward for the entire Advancement Team.
50% – Leadership and Annual Giving.
- Develop, execute and grow a first-ever integrated, multi-channel giving program with a special focus towards the goals of donor acquisition, renewal, and upgrade, incorporating individual donor solicitation, direct mail, online, email, social media, and indirect giving channels.
- Work closely with the Department Chairs in the School of Medicine to capture and coordinate grateful patient data to be used for cultivation and solicitation and serve as a liaison and educator between the hospital and development to help promote instill a culture of giving and actively engage physician partners in cultivation and stewardship process.
- Identify and maintain a portfolio of current leadership/annual donors (up to $25,000) and help move them to higher levels of giving through cultivation and solicitation and eventually build and oversee a team of leadership/annual giving gift officers.
- Oversee the solicitation and stewardship of Our Legacy Now, Our HSC and President’s Circle.
25% – Donor Relations
- Assist major donors with physician referral requests and access to health services.
- Producing and Distributing Stewardship reports to major donors on the use of their gifts, and communicating the fund balance and the impact they’ve helped make.
- Develop customized stewardship plans for high-level donors.
- Maintain current records of named areas and a gift catalog of available naming opportunities.
- Work closely with major gifts team to keep them apprised of all stewardship efforts and collaborate on opportunities as necessary.
- Work closely with the director of Events to coordinate event details including on-campus visits, the celebration of Generosity Annual Event and other unique stewardship opportunities.
- Oversee the coordination and stewardship of select donor-funded scholarships.
25% – Alumni Relations
- Enhance alumni engagement and cultivate connections by meeting with alumni individually and in groups, to listen to their concerns and needs, look for opportunities for meaningful engagement build lasting relationships and recruit and retain members of the TTUHSC
- Communicate with the TTUHSC Alumni Association National Advisory board (NAB) and help coordinate biannual meeting and other touch-points throughout the year, as well as help, identify and onboard new members.
- Draw from alumni feedback and TTUHSC priorities, design and execute an alumni engagement strategy to engage alumni in the strategic efforts of the university, such as receptions, networking, educational and social events.
- Identify alumni stories to share in TTUHSC communications. Develop ideas and content for alumni-related publications, website, and social media.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g.. alumni directory), correspondence, website, etc.
- 5+ years of progressive experience working in fundraising (or a related field) within a
complex university and/or healthcare system.
- 1+ years of management/leadership experience.
- Proven track record of establishing new and enhancing existing fundraising programs.
- Experience working with, training and garnering buy-in from fundraising and
- Deep knowledge of and experience implementing best practices in the fields of
leadership/annual giving, donor relations, grateful patient fundraising, and alumni relations.
- Strong written and oral communication and management skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in the health sciences and medical professions