The recent passing of two esteemed friends and supporters of Leadership Women – Herb Kelleher and John Mendelsohn – leave deep holes in our hearts – personally and professionally. The impact of these men – on our organization and, tangentially, the lives of women everywhere, cannot be overstated, nor overlooked. [more]
Welcome to Leadership Women
Leadership Women is at the forefront, helping women and their organizations build intentional leaders. It is a simple truth: What helps advance a woman in her leadership journey is both good for business and good for society as a whole. Our mission is to ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic, and public life.
The determination that drove our founders over 36 years ago remains alive today, empowering women across the globe. A Leadership Women Leader is someone who wants to LEARN, LEAD and leave a LEGACY.
Thank you to those LW Women who decided to make a difference and run for office!
Leadership Women would like to recognize and thank the following graduates for changing the face of government by running for political office or for currently serving in office.
- Missy Bender (LT’12), Board of Trustees, Plano Independent School District, Texas
- Katherine Cabaniss (LA’13) – 248th Criminal Court, Harris County, Texas
- Ann-Marie Carruth (LT’18) – GOP Candidate for Lubbock County Court at Law #3, Texas
- Wendie Cook (LT’14) – Canadian City Council Member
- Christi Kennedy (LT’17) – Judge of the 114th District Court, Smith County, Texas
- Mercy Murguia (LA’14) – Commissioner Precinct Two, Potter County, Texas
- Kim Olson, Col USAF, ret. (LA’15) – 2018 Democratic Nominee, Texas Commissioner of Agriculture
- Selena Solis (LT’12) – Judge Elect, 243rd District Court, El Paso, Texas
- Randa Trapp (LA’97) – Judge of the Superior Court of San Diego County in California
- Celina Vasquez (LT’13, LA’14) – Candidate for Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4, Brazos Valley, Texas
Why Leadership Women?
Recommend a Woman Today
If someone you know would benefit from any of our programs, please send us their contact information. Simply click the button below and fill out a short form. It’s that easy!